When you try to run your DOT.NET Program in Visual Studio 2015, you will get this error “Error while trying to run project unable to start debugging”. To solve this problem, follow below steps.
- Goto this location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x86 – 32 bit OS or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x64 – 64 bit OS
- Double click “msvsmon.exe”
- Click on “Tools” menu, then Choose “Options”
- Change “Authentication Mode” to “No Authentication Mode”, Check “Allow any user to debug” and Change “Maximum Idle Time (seconds)” to 900
- Click OK
- Restart your Visual Studio 2015, now you will be able to debug without above error.